Sunday, November 14, 2010

Family Togetherness: 60th Wedding Anniversary

We enjoyed celebrating my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary today.  I hope they did,  it got a bit noisy at times.  :)  I caught Grandma smiling a few times at the antics of her great grandchildren.  Good memories were made with my family today.
  My Grandparents have been through a lot in the past few years.  One thing that really blesses me is watching my Grandpa take care of my Grandma.  The love in his actions makes me want to cry at times.  His sacrifice is evident as I watch him walk across a room.  He does all that he does with a smile and a comforting word.  Grandma has been through a lot in the last few years, but she always seems to have a smile for us as well.  She's always happy to see us, well she seems that way anyway, and tells us to come back and see her.  I know that the children bring Grandpa and Grandma such joy and I am grateful that they do not shoo us away.  Grandma and Grandpa thank you so much for being who you are.  It is an honor to call you my grandparents.  I have many, many fond memories and look forward to adding to them. 
  It is nice to get together with family.  We enjoyed getting together with more family at a wedding this weekend.  It had been a while since we had seen some of these family members.  It is amazing how time flies as I get older.  I can't tell you where it goes, really.    Some of my family do not live far from me, but I do not seem to see them all that often.  The older I get the more I miss them.  I guess it is finally sinking in that time just slips by too quickly.  I am so grateful for all of my family and friends and grateful for the time we get to spend together!  I could go on and on today, but I better call it a night for now. 
  As we continue into this thanksgiving season, I am so thankful that God has chosen to put me in an awesome family with such wonderful people.  Love you all so much!

1 comment: