Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it's been so long since I have been here!  It has been a busy holiday season as it always is.  The season was filled with lots of baking and family time.  I enjoyed the time with family and have learned a few things I hope.  How many of you overdo during the holidays?  I inevitably do each year!  Always with good intentions and hope of blessing people.  I believe that I blessed many families this year.  I do know though that I could have did far less and still blessed them.  Does that make sense?  I don't think I remembered to take a single picture!  Oh well!  Memories are in the mind of many.  And other people shared pictures of the holidays.  So grateful for that.  I do regret not taking pictures of the Nerf gun fight on New Year's Eve though!  It was hilarious watching people of various ages 4-59 running through the house shooting each other with Tommy Guns!  Only Nerf of course!!! :)    
  We did some house cleaning in the holiday season as well.  I have a nice open living room now.  Even the office is picked up!  My honey helped move furniture and build some new book shelves.  I don't know if a person can get too many bookshelves.  Can they!?  I appreciate things being able to find a home!  We also helped one of two families move during the holiday season.  It was such a eventful holiday break.
  We are back to school tomorrow, much to the dismay of my children.  Children in the public schools go back tomorrow.  Mine think they need one more day, but since we took a few days off before they did, we are back tomorrow.  It's amazing how quickly I can forget where we were and where we are going.  My journals have been helpful in keeping things in order!  Don't know where I'd be without them. 
  Well, I am getting off here for now to get some sleep.  Got a big day ahead of us tomorrow!  TTFN and I hope you have a great week!  God bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, FYI, Jasper County doesn't go back to school until Tuesday :)

    I don't think that you can ever have enough bookcases. Never.

    I'm glad you had a good holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your just sound like one big happy family. Normal..yet so content serving the Lord and your family.
    Thank you for refocussing us to where it is all about.
    Do love you!

    ReplyDelete